Who? What? Why? When? How?
The former SEEDS (Society, Environment and Energy Development Studies) Foundation, now SEEDS Connections developed the latest web-based Energy Literacy Series.
The new Energy Literacy Series explores the sources, uses, technologies, and issues of different types of energy. The details include:
* Introduction to energy and information about ten energy sources
* Up-to-date information on emerging energy sources
* Bias-balanced information on Canadian energy production and issues
* Analyses of harnessing and converting different types of energy
* Specifically correlated to Canadian programs of study
* Engaging and user friendly
* High quality diagrams, images, and animations
* Small segments of textual information have rollovers and pop-up screens that show additional descriptions, diagrams, and photos
* Animated text is also presented audibly with an on-screen volume control
* Web screens use flash animation that is accessible with low bandwidth connections such as a 56k telephone modem.
Teacher focus groups requested:
* Non-print student instructional resources
* Graphic and animation-based instruction
* Virtual tours of energy source locations, sites, and facilities
The program is complete and accessible here and at the Centre for Energy’s web portal.
Implementation: SEEDS Foundation has conducted conference presentations and workshops to inform and in-service teachers. Energy companies may find the Energy Literacy Series useful as a background for their employees.
Visit Program Website